DEVASTATOR DYNASTY LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEVASTATOR DYNASTY LEAGUE

OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE OF THE DEVASTATOR DYNASTY FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Draft Style?

Go down 
4 posters

Should beginning waiver priority be done as a draft?
Yes
Draft Style? Vote_lcap86%Draft Style? Vote_rcap
 86% [ 12 ]
No
Draft Style? Vote_lcap14%Draft Style? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
THE KILLERS
UTILITY MAN
UTILITY MAN
THE KILLERS

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Please Vote. 14 day limit.

If we do a draft teams it will likely be one round where teams have the option of declining a pick, for example if everyone in front of me took a player and I declined, I would gain the #1 priority after that.
Back to top Go down
https://devastatordynasty.forumotion.com
floppy
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
floppy

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 pm

I like the idea of a draft it helps clear a lot of uncertainty. I think that 14 days is a little long. Also how many rounds would there be? Technically it would have to be unlimited...
Back to top Go down

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:21 pm

floppy wrote:
I like the idea of a draft it helps clear a lot of uncertainty. I think that 14 days is a little long. Also how many rounds would there be? Technically it would have to be unlimited...

I think the poll has a 14 day limit, not the draft. And Killers mentioned a 1 round draft. After that it would be waiver claims.
Back to top Go down
floppy
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
floppy

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:32 pm

you can't make it one round. What if the person with the #1 waiver would want to take more than 1 player. More than likely the the selections will stop around the middle as I don't see as many big time people being added as last year. That being said if i had a top waiver and I was now chilling around the 17-20 waiver spots and there was a player I like I'd probably want to pick him up too.
Back to top Go down

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:43 pm

We could do a 1 round draft, then if the person who had the #1 waiver wanted to add another player, he would just make a waiver claim.

If we did it without a draft (like last year) there would be absolutely no way for the person with the #1 draft to pick a second or 3rd player. How would anyone know who get picked by the 19 people after you?
Back to top Go down

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:44 pm

Not to mention that I don't think there are going to be 20+ pickup worthy players added at the start of the year.
Back to top Go down
THE KILLERS
UTILITY MAN
UTILITY MAN
THE KILLERS

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:42 pm

To clear some things up: the 7 and 14 day Limits are vote times allowed before a decision is made .

Also doing more than one round is practically useless and unneeded as your starting Waiver would be the same either way, one round just eliminates the crap shoot at the start. Furthermore, more time would be wasted before I could start the season since the draft would need to happer 1st.

A draft cant be done until the2008 Yahoo player list is out. When that happens we will probably do the draft as quick as possible where absent manager would mail me their picks in order of preference. Anyone absent or failing to mail me would just receive a pass of pick. During the draft the manager would get something like 10 minutes to pick a player.

It would be good if anyone opposing the draft would state their case.
Back to top Go down
Slider
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
Slider

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:51 pm

THE KILLERS wrote:
A draft cant be done until the2008 Yahoo player list is out.
this is an important point. i think we would have to freeze all subsequent waivers AND all pick-ups until the completion of the proposed draft, yes? i don't want guys taking good free agents while i'm waiting on some nimrod to pick in a draft....

edit: i voted yes btw.
Back to top Go down
THE KILLERS
UTILITY MAN
UTILITY MAN
THE KILLERS

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:19 pm

Yes, all subsequent Free Agents would be froze until completion of the draft.
Back to top Go down

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:55 pm

What about if the #1 priority doesn't want anyone on the preseason player list. What if they want to save their priority for an in-season callup?
Back to top Go down
THE KILLERS
UTILITY MAN
UTILITY MAN
THE KILLERS

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:49 pm

Not selecting anyone is your own choice, though I dont see anyone passing on Jay Bruce who will likely be listed and would most likely be the consensus #1. Also realize that passing on a "draft"pick or #1 waiver makes no real difference, this is just a different presentation of opening priority.
Back to top Go down
THE KILLERS
UTILITY MAN
UTILITY MAN
THE KILLERS

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:37 pm

With 11 votes, the move to have FA draft is officially passed, complete details to follow. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Back to top Go down
Where_My_Check
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
Where_My_Check

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Glad to see my vote counted... I feel like a Democrat in a Republican state. Oh, wait, I am....
Back to top Go down
Where_My_Check
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
Where_My_Check

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 pm

And for the record, I would have voted No. Yes puts everyones cards on the table. Where's everyone's poker face? affraid
Back to top Go down

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm

I would think Bruce will go number one and that there will be a round's worth of picks. I am definately in favour of this plan.
Back to top Go down
Slider
MINOR LEAGUER
MINOR LEAGUER
Slider

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

gnafzige wrote:
I would think Bruce will go number one and that there will be a round's worth of picks. I am definately in favour of this plan.
my #6 overall pick is on the block......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft Style? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Style?   Draft Style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draft Style?
Page 1 of 1